The JustJobs Network, a global research organization focused on the creation of more and better jobs, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the position of Research Associate, based in New Delhi. Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who submit a CV without a detailed cover letter will not be considered.
Description of the position
This JustJobs Network team member will be a keen analyst and critical thinker with an eye for data. The role involves supporting secondary research as well as primary data analysis across the organization – compiling existing research, conducting literature reviews, and collaborating on internal and external research briefs.
The ideal candidate will have the ability and interest to perform basic but high-quality exploratory analysis. S/he will work closely with senior staff and project managers in conceptualizing new project ideas based on existing data and literature. The Research Associate role requires a proactive team player who is excited by a steep learning curve.
- Support quantitative and qualitative research on global employment issues
- Conduct literature reviews for JustJobs publications
- Regularly monitor leading indicators of labor markets and the global economy
- Assist with creation of customized data sets for JJN research
- Source and synthesize data from different formats
- Provide support in organizing public events, conferences and forums
- Prepare internal briefings on employment issues
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in economics, statistics, public policy or other relevant field (Master’s preferred)
- 1-3 years’ work and/or academic experience in research, public policy or other relevant field
- Basic skills in statistical analysis software (STATA) (candidates with intermediate or advanced skills will be strongly preferred, as well as those with knowledge of additional software, such as R)
- Functional and hands-on knowledge of exploratory data analysis and ability to generate descriptive/summary statistics
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated interest in labor, employment, and globalization issues
- Prior experience in a similar role with a leading think tank (preferred)
- Legal eligibility to work in India
The position will provide competitive compensation, commensurate with skills and experience.