The JustJobs Network, a global research organization founded in 2013 to support the creation of more and better jobs worldwide, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the position of Communications Manager, based in New Delhi. Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who submit a CV without a detailed cover letter will not be considered
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
The Communications Manager will work closely with the research team to elevate brand equity by crafting and implementing communications and event and media plans for ongoing projects. S/he will also help guide strategy to expand the influence of JustJobs Network’s work, both in India and globally, through targeted, as well as general communications campaigns.
The Communications Manager shall additionally be responsible for driving communications-centered efforts for advancing JustJobs Network’s mission as well as supporting the implementation of marketing and communications strategies. This is an exciting opportunity for a young communications professional to significantly improve the world of work around the globe through public policy.
- Develop and implement strategies and annual plans in consultation with the senior leadership team to enhance the visibility and influence of JustJobs Network’s research
- Ensure effective outreach and dissemination of the organization’s activities, including local and international events
- Lead the design and development of high-quality communications materials, including conceptualization, messaging, localization of content, translations, and design work
- Promote the organization through public outreach initiatives by developing fresh story ideas and conducting extensive media outreach
- Create organizational newsletters, blogs and other publications
- Manage the web portal and social media strategy
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications
- Create and maintain press lists for India, South Asia, Europe, Africa and North America;
- Monitor branding of programs by staff and partners
- Manage contact databases and information
- Master’s degree in English, Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Policy, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience of working as a communications professional, preferably with a public policy or development organization
- Demonstrated interest in labor, employment, and globalization issues
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Advanced skills in using a variety of software packages including Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, MailChimp, MS Office
- Prior relevant experience in communications strategy
The position will provide competitive compensation, commensurate with skills and experience.